James A. Lowe
James A. Lowe is a nationally recognized trial lawyer in products liability, automobile product safety, and other complex cases. He is the author of multiple texts and treatises and frequent national and international lecturer on products liability and motor vehicle defect cases.
He has successfully tried cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, resulting in numerous million-dollar verdicts and has recovered tens of millions of dollars for his clients. Most recently, along with David White of West Palm Beach, FL, James won a verdict against Ford Motor Company in the amount of $10,375,000 on behalf of a woman who had been rendered quadriplegic following the collapse of her seat when her Ford Explorer was struck from behind and she was thrown out of her seatbelt and into the back seat.
James has been honored by being listed, Best Lawyers in America – every edition since 1993, and has been honored as a Fellow of both the International Society of Barristers and the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Master Bencher Emeritus, American Inns of Court, President’s Club, Association of Trial Lawyers of America Board Certified – Civil Trial Advocacy – National Board of Trial Advocacy. He was Past President, Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys and Past Chair, ATLA Products Liability Section.
- Ohio, 1972
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
Honors and Awards
- “Best Lawyers in America” listed
- Fellow of International Society of Barristers
- Fellow of American College of Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Master Bencher Emeritus
- American Inns of Court
- President’s Club
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America Board Certified – Civil Trial Advocacy – National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys and Past Chair, ATLA Products Liability Section
- $10.4 Million Verdict in favor of client paralyzed by defective seat in Ford Explorer
- Westgate Ford Truck Sales, Inc. Receives Judgment against Ford Motors for Franchise Agreement Breach
- 27 Year Old Sustained Catastrophic Brain Injury from Exercise Bar Receives Settlement
- Mother Receives Settlement for Death of Two-month Old Caused by Rear-end Impact by Construction Vehicle
- Severely Injured Woman Receives Settlement from Ford Motors for Simultaneous Seatbelt and Airbag Failures